Are you adventurous, passionate, creative and a team player? Raise your hand if that’s you!
Our Darwin office is hiring a graphic designer with all of the above to be a key member of our small agile team. You’ll be based in Australia’s only tropical city where you can expect the unexpected and embrace the difference. It is a place steeped in nature, where you can enjoy laksa for breakfast and experience your own zoom background, without downloading it!
As a group of strategic thinkers, creatives and communicators, we pride ourselves on delivering authentic and real work, so ultimately we hope to find someone who feels the same responsibility as we do – who cares deeply about the creative process, and who lives and breathes brands like we do.
About the role
There will be a variety of projects that will require your experience and expertise. Whether it’s developing brand systems, advertising campaign assets, rolling out a seasonal event identity, or setting brand guidelines, you’ll be an integral part of our team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the design team and work alongside the group executive and creative director to create new ideas for brands, advertising campaigns and marketing communications
- Play an active role on the client’s team, leading work from concept to delivery across multiple workflows, at a larger client, or on multiple smaller projects
- Have a solid understanding of strategy and use that insight to contribute to the work
- Develop creative design solutions for a range of branding and print design projects, and produce finished artwork for print and digital format
- Produce exceptional design and creative skills with a focus on developing unique concepts
- Liaise with Creative Director/Clients to formulate design concepts, prepare artwork and layouts to produce final print-ready artwork that meets client requirements and specifications
- Execute the point of account management on certain projects or clients under the direction of the team leaders
- Be persuasive and influential when presenting ideas and creative work
- Explore new tools and visual ways to execute ideas
- Use Adobe software to design and produce artwork to meet customer approval
- Manage multiple creative projects with critical deadlines
- Keep up to date with the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Create, oversee and implement bespoke communication solutions based on individual client needs with the internal team
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
- Become the guardian of our customers’ brand
- Keep abreast of daily work flow, monitor deadlines and budgets
- Formal qualifications and/or min. 3 years of experience in graphic design or a related discipline.
- Portfolio demonstrating work for a variety of clients and industries, particularly brand development and publication design
- A solid understanding of campaign and design techniques, technologies and work processes used to deliver creative projects
- Excellent knowledge of print production, including paper types and printing techniques
- Highly developed skills in graphic design and experience with associated software (Mac-Adobe suite) including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrated experience working in a design studio or agency environment, supporting the delivery of creative projects that were delivered on time, on budget and met client expectations
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, and good interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, able to work under pressure and manage multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Diligence and attention to detail, resourcefulness and quick and practical thinking in a demanding environment.
Located in the lands of Larrakia, Darwin is a multicultural melting pot of cultures and flavors. With its warm tropical climate, Darwin is the launch pad for stunning world-class tourist areas like Kakadu, Nitmiluk Gorge and Litchfield National Parks where you can swim in waterfalls and waterholes and get off the beaten track like no other. elsewhere in Australia. With bustling markets, an incredible Australian wildlife ecosystem, it’s a place where you can truly get back to nature and what’s important. Work-life balance and being part of the lifestyle are inherent in every aspect of Darwinian life, Darwinians welcome southern brothers and sisters looking to relocate with open arms. Did we mention there is no traffic?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an ambitious, highly creative and integrated team that is rightfully at the top of Darwin’s creative communications scene. Come join us today.