HARRISON, New Jersey — Welcome to Cincinnati.com’s live coverage of the Major League Soccer playoffs at Red Bull Arena, where No. 5 FC Cincinnati takes on the No. 4 New York Red Bulls in an Eastern Conference first-round game (noon). Refresh this page throughout the game for live updates and analysis, and follow Enquirer FC Cincinnati beat reporter Pat Brennan on Twitter (@PBrennanENQ) for additional updates.
- 86th minute − GOAL, FC Cincinnati (2-1): Brandon Vazquez scored his 19th goal of 2022 on a pass from Sergio Santos to put Cincinnati ahead.
- 74th minute − GOAL, FC Cincinnati (1-1): Luciano Acosta scored FC Cincinnati’s first-ever playoff goal from the penalty spot after Alvaro Barreal was brought down in the New York penalty area.
- 60th minute − VAR review: An FC Cincinnati goal scored by Junior Moreno was ruled out for offside. The Red Bulls thus maintained their 1-0 lead.
- 48th minute − GOAL, New York Red Bulls (1-0): Lewis Morgan.
- HALF-TIME: New York Red Bulls 0, FC Cincinnati 0.
- HALFTIME STATS − Possession: 53.6 RBNY, 43.4 FCC; Shots: RBNY 6, FCC 4.
- 45th minute − YELLOW CARD issued to Nick Hagglund of FC Cincinnati.
- 27th minute − YELLOW CARD issued to Matt Miazga of FC Cincinnati.
- Match in progress at 12:08 p.m.
- FC Cincinnati starting XI: Roman Celentano (GK), Alvaro Barreal, Alvas Powell, Nick Hagglund, Geoff Cameron, Matt Miazga, Junior Moreno, Obinna Nwobodo, Luciano Acosta, Brandon Vazquez, Brenner Souza da Silva.
- Cincinnati Bench: Dominique Badji, Ray Gaddis, Alec Kann, Yuya Kubo, Ronald Matarrita, Ian Murphy, John Nelson, Quimi Ordonez, Sergio Santos.
- New York Red Bulls starting XI: Carlos Coronel (GK), Frankie Amaya, Daniel Edelman, Aaron Long, Luquinhas, Elias Mandel, Lewis Morgan, Sean Nealis, Andres Reyes, John Tolkin
- New York bench: Tom Barlow, Wikelman Carmona, Kyle Duncan, Patryk Klimala, Ryan Meara (GK), Serge Ngoma, Dru Yearwood, Steven Sserwadda.